Business Advisory Services
In addition to traditional accounting, audit and tax services, Robins, Eskew, Smith & Jordan provides a range of business advisory services that can help take your business to the next level. Our business advisors leverage their many years of experience to maximize value and minimize risk during mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, litigation, arbitration and other major business transactions.
The RESJ Business Advisory Services team is comprised of professionals with industry recognized certifications: CPA, MBA, PFS, CFP and CITP. We provide business advisory services to clients across numerous industries including: real estate, construction, healthcare, professional services, manufacturing and distribution, retail, nonprofits and many others. We are extremely flexible and able to work with clients on a range of engagements from short-term projects to longer-term arrangements such as CFO outsourcing.
Our Business Advisory Services include:
- New Business Formation and Structural Planning – If you are starting your own business, RESJ can advise you on selecting the business structure that best fits your needs by evaluating tax advantages and legal exposure. We provide guidance on preparing and filing all state and local licenses and permits and will handle your application for a Federal Employer Identification Number.
- CFO Outsourcing – RESJ provides outsourced CFO solutions to growing businesses – for both long-term and interim needs. Our CFO services allow you to hire CFO-level talent on a part-time basis for the fraction of the cost of a full-time employee.
- Merger and Acquisition Consulting – RESJ’s M&A consulting services help your business grow through mergers and acquisitions. We focus on deal structuring to minimize your tax burden, obtaining financing, planning and negotiation strategies, and identifying and evaluating M&A candidates.
- Succession Planning – Succession planning is essential for the successful transition of your business to the next generation or a new executive ownership team. We advise business owners on proper succession planning options while also looking out for the potential tax consequences. Our goal is to preserve your business legacy and reduce your tax liability through careful planning and the implementation of sound tax strategies.
- Retirement Plan Design – Offering a retirement plan is critical to retaining valued employees and also affords your business certain tax advantages. RESJ can help you design a customized plan to meet your specific needs and we have the required expertise to keep your plan compliant with all governmental regulations.
- Employee Benefit Planning – In today’s competitive workforce environment, a comprehensive and competitive employee benefits plan helps you attract and retain talent. Our professionals will review your current benefits program and guide you in determining the best insurance policies and benefits to offer, striving to keep your expense as low as possible and helping you avoid tax penalties by staying compliant.
- Risk Management – RESJ’s risk advisory services are designed to assist our clients with identifying and managing many forms of risk, including financial, operational, regulatory and information technology. Through internal audits, SOC audits, IT audits and internal controls services, we have the tools and expertise to improve your risk management functions.
- IT Operations and Risk Management – We partner with clients to provide comprehensive IT audits and compliance reviews to ensure your business has effective and efficient technology controls that reduce your risk exposure.
- Finance and Lending – When your business needs funding, we help prepare loan proposals to ensure you are prepared for a lender’s review. RESJ understands what banks need to see – pro-forma cash budgets, financial statements and owners’ personal financial statements – thus increasing the likelihood of acceptance.
No matter where your business may be in its lifecycle, RESJ can provide the insight and advice you need to grow and thrive. Our business advisory services help to control costs, increase efficiencies and minimize tax liabilities.