State and Local Taxes (SALT)
For businesses with multi-state operations, navigating the complexities of state and local taxes can be extremely challenging. Without proper oversight, you may not even realize that your business has incurred liabilities, which can lead to penalties and interest payments.
At Robins, Eskew, Smith & Jordan, our state and local tax planning specialists have decades of experience ensuring our business clients are in compliance with state and local tax laws and regulations. We take a proactive approach to keep your company in compliance with state and local tax laws and regulations, and will make sure you benefit from all planning opportunities available.
Our State and Local Tax (SALT) Planning and Compliance Services include:
- Analysis of Multistate Activities to Minimize State Tax Exposure – We evaluate and determine if a business is subject to tax in a state and what can be done to minimize it. Physical presence is only one of many items that must be considered.
- Sales and Use Tax Liability – Our SALT team assists in determining potential liabilities, compliance requirements, audit defense and negotiated settlements.
- Income and Franchise Tax Compliance – RESJ will conduct an analysis of multistate compliance, apportionment, planning and audit defense.
- State and Local Tax Incentives and Exemptions – We review and analyze available incentive-based programs.
- Business Property Tax Compliance – RESJ analyzes and prepares required ad valorem returns.
If you are conducting business across state lines, RESJ is here to help you determine what business activities may trigger tax reporting requirements and keep you compliant with state and local tax laws.