Internal Control Assurance Services
To operate efficiently, businesses must continually analyze their internal control processes. Weak internal controls can expose your business to loss, fraud and material errors. No matter what the size of your company, an internal audit can help monitor the effectiveness of your internal processes and uncover issues and inefficiencies.
The Robins, Eskew, Smith & Jordan audit team is highly trained and experienced in conducting internal control system audits. Engaging advisors outside of your company is one of the best ways to evaluate if appropriate controls are in place that ensure proper handling of resources and to protect your business from employee theft.
During an internal audit, we will review the following:
- Segregation of Duties – We review and make recommendations regarding the segregation of duties among different employees to reduce risk of error and ensure that no one person has too much control over financial transactions.
- Oversight and Authorizations – RESJ ensures your business has proper oversight and authorization policies for financial transactions.
- Physical Security – Our internal audit professionals make certain cash, equipment, inventories and other assets are secured physically, counted and reconciled to records periodically, and compared with item descriptions on control records.
- Training – We can provide adequate training and guidance for employees to ensure they have the knowledge necessary to perform their job duties, have the appropriate level of direction and supervision, and are aware of the proper channels for reporting suspected improprieties.
- Documentation – Our auditors assist in developing policies and procedures for day-to-day operations that are accessible to employees. These documented controls keep operations running smoothly and securely during employee absences or turnover.
An internal audit can bring significant value to your business. Whether you have had regular internal audits for years or if you are considering your first one, you can trust RESJ. We will help your company operate using best practices that protect your business and improve performance.